Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Sorry I'm a slacker, not that anyone actually reads this

Really, I swear I did mean to keep up with this blog. Just after I first posted I got H1N1, and then in short succession my residence building had a fire, I went on a semi-cross country adventure, and then I got a concussion. Then I got into exams and didn't really do much of anything, so I probably could have posted then.

Alas, I am a slacker.

Now I'm into a post-Christmas crafting blitz. I went boxing sale shopping at Romni, and got the hand carders that I wanted as well as some wool to try them out with. (Some sock yarn for a pair of socks for my Grandpa may have jumped into my basket too)

Then today my Aunt and cousins and I went yarn shopping too. We were going to go check out the Purple Purl, but they are closed until the New Year, so we continued going east on Queen, and headed out to the Naked Sheep. It was an awesome day. When picking out yarn there, I decided to challange myself and start new and scary projects.


Firstly, I got enough yarn and a pattern to make a sweater. Sweaters scare me because I have next to no attention span, so I'm not sure I'm ever going to actually finish the sweater. Plus: I'm kind-of afraid that it's going to suck, and since I'm making it for myself, it will always be sitting in my closet taunting me with my failure.




Secondly, I decided to try making a lace scarf. I am not always great at following patterns, so it's going to be interesting. I've spent most of this afternoon with the yarn and needles, trying to work out the pattern in a way that makes sense in my brain. I'm sure it will all work out. Really.

Current Projects
- Feather and Fan Lace Scarf
-"pear tree emu" Sweater
- Socks for Grandpa
- Socks for Dee and Erika
- Boy hat

I think that's it right now, which is awesome.

No comments: