Thursday, November 5, 2009

My grammer will get better... really... I promise


Very few people that I hang out with knit or crochet, and no one else I know spins, so people tend to look at me a little crazy when I start ranting about tension issues I'm having. Or else people turn to me and ask "You've been knitting for hours, why do you have so little?" (Because I had to frog it all twice because it wasn't working! Please, rub it in)

Today, I finished knitting a Jayne hat for my brother. I would post pictures, but I left my camera at home and won't have it for another two weeks. I had to use double stranded worsted rather than chunky yarn due to the budget restrictions of being a university student, and I made a couple changes to the pattern as I went along. (I added an extra row of ribbing, and an extra row of orange. I also decreased while working on the ear-flaps, so they would have some shape rather then just being rectangles) Mine is brighter in real life than the one on the show was, and I'm not entirely sure that I love the way the double stranded knitting looks in ribbing, but I'm sure he'll learn to cope.

There are a bunch of other projects I keep meaning to work on... I have half a bobbin full of wool on my wheel that I really should finish, and all kinds of things to try and get made for people before Christmas. I'll update on them later because right now, I have to go study for a latin quiz

No comments: